Saturday, May 14, 2011

Still more, is he ever gonna shut up?, old heroes

I've mentioned Jean Giraud, the artist of Blueberry. I should also mention the work he did under the name Moebius. Reading The Airtight Garage for the first time was pretty amazing. He also did this book, Le Bandard Fou. The John Difool albums he did with Jodorowsky I found to be a bit less interesting.

Don Martin was an idol at that time, when I was doing strips and cartoons for a humour magazine.The above book was a big softcover collection of some of his best strips.

Berni Wrightson was another artist, like Barry Smith, whose drawings I tried to copy, without much luck. In Denmark Swamp Thing was published in the European album format and in black and white.

2 comments:

  1. I was shocked to see how many of my faves you mention here, then I remember what we had to choose from in Norway in the eighties.
    Lovely nostalgia, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete